Old 02-15-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
JustAGirl1971

Hi, Katchie. I'm sorry yesterday was such an emotionally draining day At least, as you said, it was a productive discussion. I'm glad you were able to do some things for yourself today and feel better.

On the 'running' thing. That's how I felt with my AH. He's never admitted that it's an addiction... but he did admit that it was his coping mechanism or 'self-medication' for dealing with life and that he needed it and wasn't willing to give it up permanently. It was shortly after that conversation that he gave up on our marriage and gave up on working things out with our son. Once he understood that it was alcohol or us... he chose alcohol (though he's never admitted that to us, anyone else, and probably not even to himself.)

But, my AH never gave AA a shot. The fact that your AH is trying is something, imo. During the trial separation, would he consider giving you control of the finances to pay bills, etc (or at least enough of the finances to run the household with out him?) Just thinking that would give you some financial peace while you figure out what you want to do next.

Hugs, Katchie. I'm glad today was a better day