Old 02-15-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Katchie

Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
That's a form of emotional abuse and whatever his agenda was, he knew exactly what he was doing and sapped you emotionally and spiritually to the point of exhaustion and tears.
A long time ago I was in a relationship with someone like that who wanted to "talk" things through at the most inopportune moment and would go on and on and on until I was completely drained
It was way before I found Al Anon and learned to set boundaries. Nowadays, after 15 minute of that I would tell him: Are we done yet? I m hungry and if he kept ranting, I would tell him I am not his shrink.
Of course I am single, so maybe I just have too many boundaries LOL.
Hang in there and don't let the quacking divert from your focus.
It may be emtional abuse, but I'm glad this cry fest was done away from the boys. I honestly don't want them to see/hear any of that. I grew up hearing and seeing that crap, so I will forgive it again only because they were spared this small bit. All that I said, all that he said, it needed airing out. I'm such a stuffer, and I believe he is too, that I honestly feel ok today. I'm sure that won't last, but for now its ok. I was so emotionally zapped last night, but I slept great, got up early, posted here, went to pilates, then headed to an alanon meeting.