View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 08:50 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
blake1989

Originally Posted by FlippedRHalo View Post
I'm so sorry. I know this is so hard for you. This is the reason I kept going back. The heart wrenching pleas, the promises to change and the I can't live without yous. They always sounded so sincere and I swore that he and I would be different than the couples who couldn't work it out. Nobody could tell me that we weren't different - he loved me enough to really change.

.......and yet, you see where I am right now, right? Crumbled, broken and trying to pick up one small piece at a time without cutting myself wide open.

He promised me the world - I wanted to believe him so, so, so badly. It never sticks Blake, they're just great at telling us what we want to hear in order to get us back where they want us, only to destroy us again.

I don't know about you, but I think I'm more hurt thinking that he is hurt right now than I am thinking about my own hurt. That's a problem. They KNOW we can't stand knowing that they're hurting - they KNOW it, and, they use it.

Please don't give in - trust me on this Blake. I gave in numerous times and it landed me right back to where I started, only a bit worse each time because you desperately want to believe that it's going to be different and you hang a little more hope on it.

Be strong... we're having a 'let's get through it' day/night and you can make it through it just like I did yesterday. You're going to be ok.
Hey Halo. Thank you so much. I totally am right there with you. You're right. That's a problem that we are thinking about their hurt more than our own. I've been picking up the pieces as you have, one at a time, one day at a time, one load of laundry at a time, one meal I used to not eat at a time, one propanolol for my racing heart at a time. Yet I still picture her at the post office, handwriting this note, crying, driving her car after a long night shift. I used to set my alarm at 4am just to see how she was doing at work...sheesh. All this pity/empathy/codependent junk. I used to tell my friends pity is a useless emotion. And look where I am. Crumbled and broken, as you say. She promised me the world too. And to be fair, I promised it to her as well, which made it so hard to leave feeling like I was going back on my promise. Maybe the world is not something to be promised lol. It can only get better. The sweet relief is I know that's true if we stay strong. Let's get through it.