View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 11:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hammer
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by copperducky View Post
Thanks Hammer...gonna hope for door C for sure!!!
Does every "A" have to work a program?
Furstly -- You need to know that I should have a sign on my back that says in Big Bold Letters (and braille, too) DO NOT FOLLOW ME, I AM LOST, TOO.

But if you look at the AA Big Book, Chapter 8, To Wives --

Big Book On Line - Table of Contents

http://www.aa.org/bigbookonline/en_bigbook_chapt8.pdf

(Yes, I know, I know, it is a terrible chapter, pretended to be written a wife -- but really by Bill W, whom most of us would likely consider a total lying, cheating, predator douche-bag, a-hole -- BUT it covers a few layers or types of Alcoholics rather well)

There are some levels of A-dom. If they are in the deeper layers of Hell -- They do tend to need a Program. They simply CAN NOT do it on their own. Maybe read through there and see where you think your guy is?

Just for comparing notes -- My Little A is out in the #3 or #4 range. Been through multiple addictions. Alcohol, Drugs, Cutting/SI, Eating Disorder, Compulsive Lying. Underlying Mental Illness components. SHE needs a Program. Truly cannot function for any length time without it.

Dunno about yours. Time will tell.

I'm still working on me..writing a journal, clipping out important messages to place in it for nice reminders. I feel good about myself and I guess at this point...that is the most important thing!!!
Thanks again
Good and Good for YOU!

Continue to March, and Stay Prayed Up.