View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
freethinking
Poison Eater Extraordinaire

Originally Posted by caboblanco View Post
the countries with the most problems with addiction are the same ones promoting their belief system and programs around the world to help the other countries...it's very ironic..don't you think?
Hmm, I look at it differently I guess. I think I read somewhere (maybe Under The Influence) that different countries/nationalities were introduced to alcohol during different time periods. The newest ones introduced tended to have higher rates of alcoholism because natural selection hadn't sufficiently taken place (to weed out the alcoholics) yet due to is still being relatively "new". So I think it's only fitting that these countries are the ones who try to promote their belief system on this...because their problem is more prevalent and there is a higher need for it. The other countries, where alcohol has been around for much longer (and don't have as many alcohlics due to natural selection), don't have as much of a need for a mainstream program like we do.

Take it easy on me if you're going to tear what I said apart. This is just a vague recollection of something I read in UTI. I could have it all mixed up as this was over 5 years ago I read that book.