View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 01:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hammer
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Decreasing and Deceasing the Drama

Been really calm here, this week. The Mrs. Hammer-Drama-Time-Generator has been out of the house for Training for the new Rehab Center Job.

But overall, the Drama level has been decreasing quite a bit, anyway. I was figuring that was a sign that things were getting better from that side of things.

Daughter and I were talking about that a little on the way home from Ice Skating this morning. Turns out Daughter (at 11, still the smartest in the house), has been mapping all this.

She says -- oh no, Drama is still there, the Difference is How Much Better *we* have gotten at deflecting and shunting the Drama.

Had to think about for awhile, and as usual, Daughter is correct. Turns out she has developed a whole new array of tools for Managing Mom -- WAY beyond Alateen, developed from her own studies while being the Social Scientist of the 6th Grade Class.

I have been watching her run test cases on it for the past couple of months without even knowing it.

Cannot reveal this all on the open board, but PM me if you have kids needing to deal with a Dry Drunk parent. I am in TOTAL Awe of this kid.

But for my own side, and the folks here that are here and managing your own side better -- If your path becomes much like mine . . .

You will likely install new high-gain, early-warning drama sensors, and be able to smell and repulsed as soon as a Drama-Carrier-Dry (or Wet) -Drunk starts their stuff.

====================

If we were having a Star Trek moment, it may look something like this . . . . .

Somewhere in Deep Relationship Space, aboard the Starship HammerTime.

Opening Scene --

Helmsman: Captain Hammer! We are sensing a Growing Drama Cloud over by the Dry-Drunk Nebula.

Captain Hammer: Shields Up!

Security Officer: Shields Up!

Captain Hammer: Helm, take evasive action.

Helmsman: Aye, Sir!

Captain Hammer: Ready the Weapons System.

Weapons Officer: Weapons Ready, Sir.

[Starship HammerTime smoothly sails by the Drama Cloud Radiation Bursts from the Dry Drunk Nebula.]

Captain Hammer: Time to kick back and enjoy some serious calm.

Crew (the kids): All Cheer!