View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Marie87

Sad and confused

Hi all, I have been sober since December. I was a binge drinker and started a relationship with a 20 years sober recovering alcoholic that fell off the wagon for a few months a couple of years ago (before me) and has been sober ever since.. I have a hard time from time to time when I am around alcohol, but my main concern was this loving man that I started a relationship with often seems extremely tuned out and I am walking on eggshells all the time. If I state that I am feeling down, he starts raving that he can't fix everything, and he can never do anything right. WHY IS HE SO SENSITIVE? I don't WANT him to fix me. I never said he did something wrong. I just say that I feel sad because he seems so far away. He is always professing his love to me in thoughtful ways, but he seems to view any dissatisfaction from me as a failure on his part. He was wonderful in the beginning, but now he seems to snap at me continuously. If I say, maybe I should go and join a group or go and find some friends, he seems threatened. Maybe some of you can shed some light. I wasn't an every day drinker, and i am so happy that I stopped, but this sadness is crippling. Does any of this sound familiar? I am dazed and confused.