Thread: What if...
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 08:24 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
kflee

Originally Posted by freethinking View Post
Jesus, I might be the lone person here on this but I think quitting benzos and alcohol all at once is the most deadly detox there is....At least that is what I was told in rehab. I would never, ever go cold turkey on this one unless I had consulted a dr. My rehab had me drink up until til I got there and they could properly start me on a medically aided detox. They were that concerned because of the combo of booze with the benzos.
Freethinking is correct. I had to monitor my benzo withdrawal through my Psychiatrist..So it can be very dangerous. How much are you taking? The withdrawals of benzos have almost killed me. So the combo of both at same time might be best if monitored. Not sure if you put that up in other post. I did not read them all, have to go back to work. But always need to get my daily support from SR. Just be careful and since you don't communicate much with others about your drinking, then Doctor or even counseling that you can get for free is wise. Good luck. Hope to hear from you soon.