View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Hammer
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Hmm, guess I have made (another) crazy mess of this thread, so I might as well continue on it . . . .

Trying to make some sense of what the kids and I have been through this last year.

This is about all the Lying that got the "Lack of Compassion" started -- Pondering this over on bpdfamily.com, but any here that may have some insight, I would more than welcome your thoughts

Btw Hammer (here, me) is the same as Somewhere (there, as in Somewhere Over the Rainbow).

=======================

Is "Paint You Black" Lying a Form of Abuse?

Hammer/Somewhere:

okay.

This is a really ******** question.

Searched a few times just so I could avoid asking it.

The "paint you black" lying.

Is that a form of abuse?

Thanks.

----------------------

MR: I think that's a very reasonable and very valid question, not ******** at all. Often wondered the same thing myself.

I guess if it's used as a form of manipulation it could be considered as emotional abuse.

If it affects you professionally or your reputation then it can be considered as slander.

A really good question to ask

----------------

Hammer/Somewhere:

not too concerned regarding Slander, etc.

After a while most folks seem to figure out it is nutty.

I guess my question is more like intentional culpability.

I understand that it is the product of a crazed mind. I get that.

But is the intent to harm others / *us* or are they just trying to "make up facts" (lying in less kind terms) to match what they may be feeling?

I guess in my pondering -- if it is just crazy stuff from a crazy mind -- it is sort of like a Noble Savage thing.

HOWEVER, if it is done with the intent of harm -- it is abusive?

Dunno.

----------------

MT: They paint you black, but the lying about you part to friends, family, co-workers, therapists etc... Is called a smear campaign, villification campaign or distortion campaign and can be forms of baiting, projection, and proxy recruitment.

Is that what you mean by painted black lying?

----------------

Hammer/Somewhere: Yes. (and thank you for refining and much improving my question)

Is THAT Abuse?