View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 02:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
spiderqueen

Originally Posted by RoseStarz View Post
The reason I am driven to do so now is that I do not feel I can talk with my friends or family about this.
Dear Rose,
I am so glad you are turning here for support, and I hope you can take to heart all the very wise and supportive words and suggestions so far. We really do understand, and we really do care.

I would like to add my voice to the group:

1. Please swallow your pride, and anything else in the way, and turn to your friends and family now, in your time of greatest need. I am sure they won't let you go without food and rent, no matter what. Maybe you could work on some short term loans, if you are worried about taking advantage of people.

2. I agree that the baby's dad has forfeited his place by your side during the birth of your child. It may feel harsh to you, but the only way an addict can really hope to turn things around is when using causes them to lose everything they care about. Sometimes, not even then.

3. You and soon, your child, are your first and only priorities now. Your bf is NOT on that list. He found a way to lie, cheat, steal and use without your help or consent - he can find his way to sobriety, too.

All my best wishes to you on a safe and peaceful birth. Good luck and congratulations!