View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 08:52 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
letustrythis123

This site really helps me. Hearing about the journeys of those who were farther along on the road in terms of their alcoholism (and fearing what was just up ahead for me), commiserating with people who understand this disease, etc. The only few things that grate on me here is when people post threads and other people come in and passively aggressively (or directly) make it known that they don't approve of a certain topic of conversation or find it unhelpful. It strikes me as a bit judgmental and dismissive. We are not a one-size fits all forum. While you (the collective) may think it's futile to discuss how much was spent, what lies you told yourself, etc., there are other people who approach their healing in a different way. Why stop into that thread if you find it unhelpful?

Other than that, I've been able to deal with my entire sobriety journey (just over three weeks) just by attending this forum. On my last quit (I think I lasted one day or less), I went to AA and stopped at a liquor store after. It wasn't particularly bad, it just wasn't for me. I'm an internet/forum junkie, so this is the best help I can get.