Thread: Difficult
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
KeepinItReal

We have already had a visit with him

I think my son is especially feeling him leaving. My husband was not present for most of my sons first year and a half of life. Jail, Sobriety in OK for 6 months, visit home for 2 weeks, back to OK for 5 months, Jail (from a charge 2 years prior) and then home. So, he was around 1.5 by the time he was living with us on a daily basis for the last 2 years. Up until his last binge and jail sentence. Then he was home for two months and now off to 14 months living somewhere else.

I have made it clear that I don't want to live with addiction anymore. Not wanting it, and doing something about it is different. I told my husband that if he wanted his drugs and that life... that was fine. Yet, I also have MY choice of NOT wanting that life... and I would do what I had to do to have that life. This includes not being with him. He has his choices and I have mine. I hope that he can want sobriety more than heroin. I pray he can.

I'm trying to appreciate this time away. Hopefully time will make things easier. It usually does. I'm feeling more hopeful now.