View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
phoenix299

Confused by Spouse

Six months ago I decided that I'd had enough. Enough of drinking myself into blackouts, waking up with vomit in my mouth, hiding empty bottles, being inappropriate with other women and not hiding it (mostly because I was in a black out stage).. just enough. So I understand my wife not 'trusting' my decision but it's been 6 months and I've gotten close to zero support from her. Aside from the occasional "I wish I had your willpower" or "I could never do what you're doing".. there has been no support. She still drinks every weekend, still says I quit because I did something she doesn't know about, and makes comments that I can't comprehend (I never said I wanted to be with a 'sober' person). I know she's saying / doing these things from a place of hurt but I don't know how to process them. I don't know what to do when she does / says these things. It isn't causing me to fall off the wagon, in fact, it just strengthens me but, I would like to learn some coping mechanisms. Sorry for the rant.. just needed to get it out of my head.