Thread: AA Birthdays
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 02:27 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
fluffyflea

Hammer,

For those of us who work our programs and stay sober our chips mean a great deal to us. It's also good for the newcomer to see people take a 20,25,30,35 year chip. It passes on the message that sobriety can be done one day at a time.

No chips aren't Big Book stuff you are right,but they do have their place in sharing the message that there is a solution IF PEOPLE WANT IT!

Sorry you are going through this.

I like reading your shares you seem to have a good Alanon program going on.

Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Pondering that whole chip thing, and the sorrows I see it has caused our family --I am now pretty much say f-that chip crap. IT IS Not Big Book stuff. Made up after-market crap that feeds "A" pride. Like it needs to be fed.

As far as the Gossip Girls. Yeah none of them seem too solid on the Program. A couple go to the Alanon side from time-to-time and then run back and tell Mrs. Hammer what I have said or am working on. MAJOR messed up stuff for them, mho. Total violation of the Anonymity concepts, but I figure Mrs. Hammer winds up gobbling up the stuff she would never listen to me tell her. Oh well. "All things work together for good -- for those who Love God." So God has my back. All fine by me.

Codie that I am I tend to be more concerned for the Gossip Girls, themselves. Worse thing I have to lose is my patience with them or my "serenity" for a couple of minutes. They are screwing with their own Sobriety.

As far as the honesty part. She aint got it. Probably why God said "Tag" and whomppered her with a Compulsive Lying Addiction. God is pretty funny, once you learn to laugh at His stuff. And on the Good Side of things -- Her crazy crap smacked me HARD into Alanon (thank you, God) and the kids into Alateen.

ALL THINGS work together for Good.