View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ncognito13
International Man of Mystery

Originally Posted by 2bhappier View Post
Ncognito, I live in a very remote part of the country so we have 2 meetings a week that are within an hour of my house. I do wish there were more. I grew up in the metro DC area and I am sure there are a ton of meetings back there. We don't even have any food delivery where I live and it is a long trek to the grocery store. That said, I have lots of land, beautiful views, and a peaceful environment.
That's cool. I live in an area of town called Carytown. I do restaurant work, certainly don't make a lot of money. BUT, I do live in a very nice part of town. If you go down East Cary you don't see houses. You see mansions. Some are so large they hire someone to stand out at the gate to screen people that want to come in.

This is Phillip Morris country (Altria is here), so a lot of those people are from old school tobacco money. I guess that's one of the reasons I never cared for AA. I walk to a meeting and the parking lots are 7-series Beamers, high end Acuras, etc. I walk in wearing dirty jeans and sneakers, these people are all wearing suits and what not. Mind you, they are nice.

The meeting I pointed out (300+ people) takes place in a Cathedral. Not a dingy church basement (gone to a few meetings like that).