View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 11:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ncognito13
International Man of Mystery

Originally Posted by 2bhappier View Post
I drove way out of my way to go to a meeting because there are so few where I live. It took 90 minutes to get there but I felt like I needed to go. I called in late to work. I was amazed at the length of sobriety some of the people have. One woman was celebrating 24 years sober and they gave her a chip. I find it overwhelming to even think about not drinking today or tomorrow or this coming weekend. How can someone make it for 24 years? It actually kind of scared me. I think I had the wrong reaction.

Well today is day 4. I am afraid to drink again because I do not ever want to have to stop again but I am also afraid to think about not drinking. Once again I feel like I am writing something that makes no sense.
I find it sorta weird when people point out how hard it is for them to get to meetings. I guess in some areas there are not that many. Small towns I assume. Here in Richmond there are so many there is a website to organize them all.

Interactive Guide to AA Meetings in and around Richmond, VA

There are 58 meetings today. There is one close to my house that no lie, has over 300 people attend. They have a website and they record the speaker meetings and post them online (tons of them). Sometimes when I feel down I'll listen to them.

On a side note if you'd like to listen to them you can find them here...

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...kU&usp=sharing