View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 09:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Joe Nerv

I drank every single day for the last 4 years of my drinking, and couldn't stop despite many attempts. Not even for a day. After going through a detox and hitting my first couple of meetings I felt like you. 90 days seemed like an eternity, and I really couldn't wrap my brain around the possibility that anyone could stay completely sober, without even a sip of alcohol, longer than a year. When people said they had 4 or 5 years I honestly believed they meant they only had a drink here and there.

In august that will have been 30 miraculous sober years ago, and it still kinda freaks me out when I think about. That was something that was beyond impossible for me, and not even anything I wanted at the time I got sober. It just happened through my continually turning my life and will over to my HP.

Only creepy thing about it for me is how quickly the time goes by. Like one day you're here... Snap yer fingers, and suddenly you're there.

Wishing u the best. The sober world is a wonderful one, and trust me when I tell you ANYONE cand have it. I'm living breathing proof.