Thread: AA Birthdays
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 06:19 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Hammer
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by NorCaliGal View Post
Interesting. When my ABF was attending AA meetings in October (but NOT working the program, and NOT finding a sponsor) he told me he didn't "agree" with keeping track of a sobriety birthday, that he didn't "care for" the fact that if someone drank then they were expected to start over. At the time I was very confused - how could you NOT want to track and celebrate how long you'd been sober, and how could you NOT expect that someone would have to start over if they drank. Little did I know that at this time he was probably already drinking again. Shortly thereafter he stopped going to AA, and now drinks at least a pint of hard alcohol daily.

So, based upon my very limited experience, I'd say someone who is not willing to be honest about a "re-set" of a sobriety date is very likely not honest with their own alcoholism, and is in imminent danger of going right back down ole' Alcoholic road, or could already be on it. And that would include those AA Gossip Girls.

NCG
Pondering that whole chip thing, and the sorrows I see it has caused our family --I am now pretty much say f-that chip crap. IT IS Not Big Book stuff. Made up after-market crap that feeds "A" pride. Like it needs to be fed.

As far as the Gossip Girls. Yeah none of them seem too solid on the Program. A couple go to the Alanon side from time-to-time and then run back and tell Mrs. Hammer what I have said or am working on. MAJOR messed up stuff for them, mho. Total violation of the Anonymity concepts, but I figure Mrs. Hammer winds up gobbling up the stuff she would never listen to me tell her. Oh well. "All things work together for good -- for those who Love God." So God has my back. All fine by me.

Codie that I am I tend to be more concerned for the Gossip Girls, themselves. Worse thing I have to lose is my patience with them or my "serenity" for a couple of minutes. They are screwing with their own Sobriety.

As far as the honesty part. She aint got it. Probably why God said "Tag" and whomppered her with a Compulsive Lying Addiction. God is pretty funny, once you learn to laugh at His stuff. And on the Good Side of things -- Her crazy crap smacked me HARD into Alanon (thank you, God) and the kids into Alateen.

ALL THINGS work together for Good.