Thread: AA Birthdays
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 11:51 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Hammer
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by choublak View Post
Yes. People take cakes to AA meetings. Makes me a little jealous. Oh well. I could always take up cake baking...
Yeah, newly recovering A's generally LOVE sweets.

Sometimes we (AA and Alanon) have combined parties with a Speaker Meeting or something. I have fun making Cupcakes or Cookies with the kids for that. [oh gawd, I am a poosy.]

As far as the (faux) birthday thing today. I just let it slide, but I think some of the AA Gossip Girls are coming over to the house tonight. I am working out of town for a day or two. So I guess they will do what they do.

Feel sorry for Daughter. She will likely feel she has to report back this week's new crop of lies from the Gossip Girls.

Cool thing with daughter this week -- she "moves up" from private lessons to Theater on Ice. I will miss her coach, but still get to see him on practice days. I grew up in the frozen north ice skating.

Maybe I will do a Groundhog's day Party at the House. Tends to be MY Favorite Holiday. That way we can still do something nice for Mrs. Hammer without all the guise of AA relapse/birthday lies.