View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
marchHazel

Hello,
Thanks for posting. Thats really great you've been able to stop. A few days ago I couldn't get a day without drinking or using. Now having 50 is my goal but if I think even a few days ahead of today I become full of fear that I will fail. All progress will be lost. I can though just stay in today and that I seem to be able to handle. Even have to take things a second at time too when it bad and that may last a while. Hang on. I see there is hope now. For so long I didn't. I was blind and hopeless. I thought death was the only way out. I was and still am very sick. I go from knowing I want to change, to questioning everything, to hating life and full of fear and then back to just saying the serenity prayer and Im struggling with my faith in a Higher Power. Early recovery can be rough but I know from past experience it does get easier.

So take care and even if you don't realize it someone read your post, saw your effort and thought to themselves, " Hmmm, Maybe if I could get 50 days also!" it often works like that.

Be well.