View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
candycane33

Clinic or no clinic??

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. Just a brief (as brief as I can lol) intro. I'm 33. Husband is 36. Currently a heavy user of opiates (Percocet, oxy), cocaine, weed, alcohol and I don' t know what else. About a year and a half ago, I left town with our baby and returned to my hometown. Our son is now 3. My husband just came back into the picture. He keeps coming and going between cities (where we used to live and where I am living now). There is another girl involved, but I don't think he really truly loves her. He tells me he doesn't anyways. He just returned to my town yesterday (for the 4th time). I have him set up with an outpatient suboxone clinic but he's not sure that he wants to go. He's tried detoxing on his own and gets to day 6 or 7 before he has a mental/emotional breakdown and runs to the airport and leaves.

Just looking for some advice regarding clinic or no clinic? Suboxone or cold turkey? Therapy or no therapy? He's a "typical" man...doesn't like to admit he has a problem (although he does admit it), doesn't like to talk about feelings or things that are happening, etc.

As his wife, I've tried to stand by him and be 100% supportive. Of course, my priority has to be our child. But I don't know what else to do to help him. I don't know if I'm being helpful or annoying. Thoughts on how to be supportive without pushing him away??

Any advice is appreciated!
Thank you!