Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 11:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
CompletelyLost4

Ugh. It has began to sink in with me as well that this is going to be going on for a while. I think it is harder now that I am out of the situation because his quacking sounds so absolutely ridiculous. I have absolutely no patience for it. I'm sticking with my daily devotions and every once in a while I crack open Codependent No More when I'm feeling a little codie. I'm not going to let him steal my sunshine!

You know his excuse for not finding a job? Mind you, he traveled for his job for years so that is "basis". Ready for it. . . . he wants to be our 4-year-old's t-ball coach. Finding a job would totally get in the way of that - because supporting your children is not a big deal, but coaching them is. . . I don't try to understand it.

So, I've been keeping a file of his texts, medical bills, activity fees, etc. and I am thinking it is time to turn them over to my lawyer and tell her I'm done with this. I agree - I shouldn't have to take half a personal day to go down and spend 10 minutes in court because he can't or won't get a job. I guess I just kept thinking eventually the "system" would kick in and realize he won't do anything and would give him some sort of ultimatum. But the way this looks, it could drag on indefinitely.