View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 10:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
IOAA2

Originally Posted by Charlie117926 View Post
Hello SR:

I have contemplated joining the group for a while as my thought was "I can control" anything that comes my way.

Well I am here because I am out of control and have been for a long time. I woke up, again, today and feel horrible. Like the title says, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I am tired of feeling horrible. I am tired of my brain soaking in drink. I am tired of not giving my family the attention they need. I am tired of the money loss. I am tired of hiding the empties in the garage (I don't drink in the house / never have) I am tired.

Charlie
Hi Charlie welcome to the reality of where we are and finally what's going on. Many reject the idea of how to get sober as we usually want the softer easier style which will be a repeat of the same old same old. That can be a detox and or a rehab which many will say "I'm not that bad." Well how bad do we need to be, dead?
I'd seek some competent medical help and be honest which isn't a strength of a lot of us.
Spending time reading these pages and getting help From AA meetingS is a good start on the road to sobriety. A lot of what I post I rejected when I went to my first meetings so I learned the hard way. It was said we can do it the easier way or the harder way which often ends with death. At this point we have a choice.

BE WELL