View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 09:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
letustrythis123

Welcome. You sound like you are at the point that I was and our schedule sounds the same and actually the same as many on here. the cycle of being sick, so let's drink to take the edge off, start the day, then it wears out so quickly and you need more. Rinse and repeat. When I was a light drinker, a glass or two of wine would energize me and make me motivated to clean. But it's progressive. By the end of it, alcohol robbed me of all my energy, stole me from my family and I was obsessed with excuses. Like you, I was always going to the garage because my car had become my bar area. Everyone was on to me and I stopped being good at hiding. Who can successfully hide piles and piles of pints, especially while half in the bag. I began getting sloppy and hiding them in the most obvious spots. The child in me would know(when sober) that if I was a snooping kid which I once was, that's the first place i'd look.

well I began to take both keys to our one car and hide them in on my person. they usually hung near the door. That way if someone suddenly needed the car of the three drivers in the house, I would have time to clear my stash out or at least spot check the car. And then suddenly the keys would appear on on the counter. I used to go out to the vehicle for a swig or three whenever things got tough or even when they didn't. I spent so much time saying crap about forgetting my purse in the car, forgetting my grocery bag, forgetting my scarf. The list goes on and on. While I think they caught onto a lot even to the point of checking the garbage bags which is why I became a gas station dumper, I can honestly say that no one caught on to the car ********.

When I think back and when you think back, you'll realize how pathetic we all were. I have not been as productive as I've been this week in I don't know how long.