Thread: My story
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 08:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
FunkyReggae

He is actively working his program. I actually believe that. He is going to meetings. Had to go to work again.his disability is over. He just still doesn't seem totally honest with himself. Lots of meetings, sponsor, counselor. But at the same time, doesn't actively work at restarting his life. No forward progress. almost like he is stuck in limbo. I guess I can understand to some extent. His life is a wreck. For instance, his counselor is telling him the next step is to check into a sober living facility. He called it a halfway house and aside no way he was going there to stay with those people. Why does he think those people are that's different than him? Going back to his old life ( which is what I believe he wants) will lead him right back to his old habits. So on one hand, I want to support him because I see genuine effort, on the other hand, I still seem him deluding himself on who is is right now and where he is at. I hear him get angry at the only people that would are him in. He has a tough road ahead. All of this feedback was very helpful. I think m main conflict is, I see him legitimately trying but at the same time still screwing up and it frustrates me and leaves me unsure on white to do. Question, I now know he isn't
Coming to stay with me and my family. How enabling would it be to help him get set up in an apartment?