Thread: My story
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 12:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hammer
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
I second what Hammer said. The schools and teachers are the ones who see those kids each day. To tip them off as to what is going on and to let them know to be checking on the kids frequently would be a good thing for the kids.

When my AH and I were having frequent fights this year (not physical but definitely more than little disagreements) my little daughter's teacher called me in saying she had come into class one day with tears and obvious anxiety. First off, my heart was broken. Secondly, I was a bit embarassed (it's hard to admit that). Third...HUGE RELIEF! I told this kind woman everything. She is wonderful and gives me updates all the time on how my daughter is doing and I know she keeps a special eye on her. It also opened up my eyes that things had to change.
Same here sort of.

Mrs. Hammer was absolute nutz upon return from Rehab. Was stressing me some -- but REALLY stressing the kids.

The school counselors were the ones to suggest Alateen (WONDERFUL!)

And when my daughter's lead teacher noticed our daughter (10, then) was slipping in classwork, the teacher followed her out one day, when I was picking up daughter, and tracked me down to ask what was going on

I started to tell the teacher about Mrs. Hammer, rehab, daughter being in Alateen . . . . when the teacher noticed the tears rolling my cheeks from being my sunglasses . . . she stopped me and asked if she could talk with her Teacher Team about. I managed to mouth out Yes, and Thank You.

The Teachers swept in like a Pack of Angels. God Bless the Teachers. Daughter is back on top and things are much better.

LESSON LEARNED: Ask For Help and Get Help.

or let everyone suffer silently.