Thread: My story
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 12:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
hopeful4

I second what Hammer said. The schools and teachers are the ones who see those kids each day. To tip them off as to what is going on and to let them know to be checking on the kids frequently would be a good thing for the kids.

When my AH and I were having frequent fights this year (not physical but definitely more than little disagreements) my little daughter's teacher called me in saying she had come into class one day with tears and obvious anxiety. First off, my heart was broken. Secondly, I was a bit embarassed (it's hard to admit that). Third...HUGE RELIEF! I told this kind woman everything. She is wonderful and gives me updates all the time on how my daughter is doing and I know she keeps a special eye on her. It also opened up my eyes that things had to change.

While no one called and tipped them off, in hindsight I was so mad at myself that I did not talk to her and let her know what was going on myself. It also made me look at my own behavior what I could do on my side of the street to make this any better, and have done so.

I know you don't have the control to make everything great for the kids, but I truly encourage you to at the very least speak to the counselors at school, their teacher, principal,etc. These people do their jobs because they love kids.

Good Luck!