View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
EverySngleNight

Well, I hope you're okay. Sometimes withdrawal doesn't get "bad" for a few days. Please do go to the ER or urgent care this weekend if you don't improve or if you get worse. They won't "lock you up"! So, don't allow that fear to stop you from getting help if you need it!! They'll likely just give you medication and a follow up plan. (something that your doctor could've easily done!)

I know it's really common for us alcoholics to downplay how much we drink to our doctors- hopefully you didn't, because that's a surefire way NOT to get the medical support you may actually need.

I'm slightly blown away that the doctor didn't put you on a vitamin at least! (did they?) The fact is, there ARE certain medical protocols to follow when dealing with alcohol dependent patients. ESPECIALLY when they've been through several withdrawals. You're far less likely to relapse during the "acute phase" of your withdrawal, with medical management. That's not to say that it's impossible without it!! Far from true, as many other posters have mentioned. I'm just VERY surprised by your treatment. I'm sorry, but unless I'm missing something- I don't think this doc is handling your case well at all.

I have been through the wringer with doctors and dealt with all kinds of hell. Sometimes they have attitudes or "beliefs" about things and diagnose and prescribe based on that, rather than following their medical training. That's not cool. Get a 2nd opinion at least!!

Why do you have to wait until the 17th? (sry if you already explained and I missed it!)