Notices

Raging pissed off

Old 01-10-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Raging pissed off

I am on the verge of tears right now because my doctor is an ******* who obviously doesn't know **** about alcohol or with drawal.
I explained everything to her and she still refuses to write me an RX until she sees me next week.
An RX that I have NEVER abused and have only ever taken it occasionally and haven't even had it since JULY.
An RX that I know helps me with withdrawal. But nooooooo she says. I'll see you next week...she says.

OK you ignorant pathetic excuse for a doctor, by then the worst is over.

I was depending on this rx to help me, this quit was unplanned or I wouldve been better prepared.

I really need to hear from someone who has severe anxiety that has gotten through the first week with NO help from rx's.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

That is pretty awful.

Do you have an option to see another doctor that is more understanding of addition ?
Old 01-10-2014, 07:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Alcohol Free Member

I have sent you a PM, but only focus on today. A single day at a time. Breathe deeply, have a cry, drink plenty of cold water and hot tea, it does get rid of stress.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Read your signature line...

Sometimes God lets you hit rock bottom so that you will discover that He is the rock at the bottom.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have severe anxiety. I'm on medication now, but wasn't when I was drinking.
I emphasize with you. My anxiety was so bad after one bender that I hid in the closet.
It's rough. Very rough. But, the anxiety will abate. Avoid caffeine. Get some rest, lay in bed. Whatever it takes that will help you stay calm.
I'm sorry about your doctor. I've had some real losers in the past so I know what it's like.

Best wishes to you and this to shall pass.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
Sometimes God lets you hit rock bottom so that you will discover that He is the rock at the bottom.
I know He is the Rock. I also believe he gave scientists the brains to create drugs that help imbalances like mine.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by alphaomega View Post
That is pretty awful.

Do you have an option to see another doctor that is more understanding of addition ?
I had the pharmacy fax an rx request to my other doc, but she said being as how its Friday I might not hear back until Monday, yeah that works. Stupid, stupid system.

I'm not going to cave, I'm just gonna have a mental breakdown, right hear on my kitchen floor. And I really hate crying in front of people.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation. It is true. I asked my Doctor "do you know anything about addiction?" His response was "we did about a half day study on it".
He also said "Most of my knowledge comes from you". Fantastic, I know.
That being said, he HAS always given me medications for my withdrawals. I mean ALWAYS. I thought it was there responsibility to do so.
My Doctor is also very aware of my Drug addictions and Alcoholism and never ever over prescribes me. He also sees me every 2-3 weeks just to catch up on my progress.
Hope everything works out for you.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Artic
I know in the UK doctors are much stricter now and very reluctant to prescibe certain meds to people with drug/alochol problems. Benzos being the main one as they are so addictive and people may stop drinking and become addicted to valium/librium for example.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Crying is actually really good for anxiety. It releases endorphins because of the pain. Ball away ! Thems is healing waters !

XO AO
Old 01-10-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I just thought of something. Can you go to an emergency room and explain your situation? I've never done it before, so don't know if it works.

I feel for you, and hang in there.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Can you switch doctors or go to an urgent care facility (not emergency room)?
Old 01-10-2014, 09:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You might be able to get some help just going to the doc in the box. But yes, I've quit without anything before, many times. It wasn't pleasant, but neither was quitting with librium.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You can get through this. I know you are aware of the difficulty with the first few days. If anything, you can make it through this and be stronger for it without the use of meds. However, if you really feel that this will not work without meds, then the emergency room is an option. I dealt with anxiety for years, still do on occasion, so I understand the dynamic here.

I do understand why the doctor would want to see you. She is following the laws that are in place. If you do have another doctor that may help you please let the first doctor know that you have been helped by another professional. Keep posting and reading.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:57 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Just wishing you the best right now and that you can get through this rough patch. If you feel the need, go directly to a urgent care or ER.

On a different note, I am nervous about going on benzos or any other meds for detox. Also afraid of withdrawal. I am hoping to be monitored and make sure my heart can withstand this all.

Big hugs, Kris47
Old 01-10-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Go to the hospital?
Old 01-10-2014, 10:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I had the pharmacy fax an rx request to my other doc, but she said being as how its Friday I might not hear back until Monday
You might be able to call your second doc and have that doc send the prescription electronically to the pharmacy. Should be able to be done and ready by the end of the day today.

Just a heads up - whenever you need medications quickly - NEVER have the pharmacy fax the doctor. Always call the doctor and have them send the request electronically to the pharmacy. Worst case the may have to fax it to the pharmacy. Keep on them until they (the doc) tell you the request has been sent to the pharmacy. Once they tell you that immediately call the pharmacy and keep on them until they acknowledge receipt of the request and tell you when you will be able to pick it up. Shouldn't be more than 2 hours after receipt.

Sucks - but that's the way to work it.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I went to the ER once and they did give me a weeks worth of Librium for withdrawal...I did not have the insurance to cover it though so it was expensive (too bad I wasn't ready to get sober that point). When I finally did get sober, I detoxed on my own and yes, I had SEVERE anxiety among other things I call "head demons". I don't recommend what I did...but I made it through and did feel better on the 5th day. I do not know how bad your symptoms are, but until you can get what you need, other posters have made good suggestions...and there must be another doctor you can see.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:25 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'd offer up that you have the strength to do this without Benzo's Artic. You have already consulted with a doctor and have an appointment next week too, and you are already several days into stopping which would seem to indicate the major symptoms are starting to wane, otherwise I'm sure your doc would have prescribed you something. And of course there is always the ER if something does happen physically that you need immediate attention.

You've already made some posts that you are getting some sleep, and you've joined the weekend thread - all signs that you have what it takes right inside you today to do this thing. I had anxiety and panic issues too, but they all dissipated relatively quickly after I quit. You are a strong person - try channeling some of that rage and emotion into positive thoughts and constructive time. Get mad at how messy the garage is and give it a good cleaning for example ;-) I found my house got a heck of a lot cleaner the first few weeks I was sober!

Obviously listen to your doctor and seek immediate care should something come up, but don't sell yourself short as to what you can do with what you already have in your mind.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Well, Im gonna have to get by. Other doc wont either.
Urgent care/emergency I wont do, too afraid theyd commit me or something.
I guess its chamomile and crying for me.