View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
NanaB54

Thank you all! I wasn't looking for medical advice really. I'm up to my ears in it.

My husband was speaking from experience because he had something similar happen to him when he was taking Norco. So, I was trying to find SOMETHING on the internet that I could show my doctor to prove there is such a thing.

I can't remember how many years I've been on Morphine... close to 5 I think. I went from cutting the 15s in half and am now up to the dosage I listed above. It was a gradual increase with my going up to the dosage I'm at now about 6 months ago maybe.

My pain doctor doesn't think it can be the morphine, telling me that morphine causes nausea *DUH* already knew that, that's why I have a scrip for promethazine (Phenergan). She completely dismissed all my other symptoms, the sweating, the weakness, the need to sleep nearly round the clock, etc., and told me to go to a GI doc or my PCP. I've been through withdrawals before and this wasn't as bad (bad enough tho) so I knew what I was talking about. My husband's biggest concern for me was organ failure and mine was having another heart attack.

I was just wanting to know if anyone had ever had a similar experience while taking any medication, not specifically morphine, but any narcotic.

Thanks again. And again, I apologize if I'm in the wrong place as I'm neither "sober" nor in recovery. Would LOVE to be, I hate PILLS! I do feel better even tho I had to go back to taking the IR morphine because the pain got so bad.

NanaB54