View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 05:02 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Pamel

Thanks Dee, for the congratulations. I am very fortunate.

Hammer, I appreciate all your suggestions. Don't mistake me, it is not me who is upset about the extra 6 months probation, it is the BF.

Currently, I:

Speak whenever asked at AA (I go to a meeting a day so a lot of people have asked). However I was a long-time member in NYC where being a speaker requires 90 days. That said, when in Rome… so where I now reside, if asked, I tell them my day count and if it is OK with that group I do it.

I speak often at the rehab as a recent "graduate".

My volunteer work at SPCA is ongoing, I volunteer with computer teaching at an assisted living facility, and will volunteer soon with underprivileged kids to teach them my craft: illustration. That is being arranged by my probation officer as per my request in December.

Have worked for a long time with our church with neighborhood clean-up efforts, and homeless outreach.

Teach English (as a second language)? Good idea. I taught at Berlitz in Paris about 100 years ago, so I know the program.

I am finishing up three illustrations for free use by the rehab and a couple of others. Then will list them as "stock" (I still need to make some money here!).

Putting together an art therapy program for the rehab at their request; should have the prospectus done next week.

Re the trouble with the BF:

Instead of being so defensive and guilty I decided to become pro-active and help him with some of his "messes". Heretofore, every messy area in our house (read: his house) has been "my" fault. Even his former MIL told me: "Why are you apologizing? You moved in to an already-occupied house!" True. However, if I help him sell a lot of his stored art collection (which he wants to do) using my major knowledge of Ebay and auction houses, and one of my dormant websites, two things are achieved: He gets going on something he needs and wants to do, and he has a project other than me. Things are already better between us and he spent yesterday shaping up that collection so I can code a template for him.

Usually creative "response" is better than "reaction". So far, so good.