Old 01-08-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
As for beating my Feast Beast - I also thought that once I banned sugar out of my nutrition, it would be so much easier. Well, it's surely easier, but turns out, again there are more layers to be stripped off till I get to the core of the issue.
Stripping off layers to get to the core of the issue doesn't have anything to do with using AVRT to stop eating after a certain amount has already been swallowed. You don't have to "beat" your Feast Beast. Simply know your plan and Recognize and IGNORE the Feast Beast.

When you're eating and you reach the limit of your plan, it is your Feast Beast that says "Keep on swallowing since you don't understand the core of the issue. We'll work on all the layers you need to strip off so you can figure it out later. MMMmmm, love that chicken. Stuffing yourself is ok for now."

If you want to do a shifting exercise, you can cook more than your plan's limit and stick the extra piece of meat on the end of a fork and look at it and smell it and recognize how YOU feel about eating it and how IT feels about eating it. Then wrap it in foil and put it in the fridge for later.

You see, the shifting exercise is using AVRT to show IT how YOUR Big Plan is the perfect solution to end bingeing.

As I've already mentioned, I can't ban all the food, and even if nothing left, I can easily binge on chicken breasts. This problems runs so deep for me, taking origin in childhood and developing through my whole life, that in some weird manner it is interconnected with almost all the areas of my life.

It migrates, and runs, and hides. And I am eliminating its shelters one by one.
If you believe you are powerless to stop eating any more chicken breasts when you've reached the limit of an experimental anti-bingeing Plan, then you've simply decided to set AVRT aside for a while and possibly consider using it later. When you make a real Big Plan about it, though, you will be deciding that you will never again set AVRT aside as you reach the limit of an eating period.

But sill don't quite understand why AVRT doesnt' work for binge eating ...
100% Feast Beast.