View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 10:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
eaglesfiancee

I'm trying to find some groups like that in my community but they don't offer any so far as I can tell but I'm starting to call churches though and I'm starting to look into surrounding counties as well. But I'm leaving for basic soon so is there an online group for that as well? Would you think the Navy would have a group like that too?

And you're right. I have not been taking care of myself. I've been stressing and I haven't been eating as much. I do have open eyes unfortunately. I realize this is gonna be a tough thing to deal with all my life. Don't think the thought of running hasn't crossed my mind. And his family has been lending on me lately and it's tough. That's why I decided I needed to reach out to this forum because no one I know has never dealt with this before. I knew I needed the advice.

And I don't think Wedding Bells will be ringing anytime soon. Haha. I'm leaving for basic next month and then who knows where after that. We've been together for years and I've always asked him to consider getting help but he had to accept it himself. He said he wanted to take our relationship to the next level so I told him he had to prove to me he was getting clean before I said yes. 2 week goes by, he's clean. His mother and I took him to the doctor for blood work to just know he wasn't back on the drugs and the doctor said everything came back negative. I should have felt great, right? But I felt guilty. He started having mental breakdowns and extreme withdrawal symptoms by the end of week 2 and I felt like I pushed him to do it and he did it the extreme way (cold turkey). That night I told him I was proud of him and I said yes but I told him he couldn't do this on his own anymore. That's when he decided he needed the in-patient care to recover.

And it's not the things I've asked him about that worry me. It's when he gets on this tangent of talking about the future and what he want to do when he clean. He has all these dreams and goals and that's great! but I can't seem to bring him back down and make him focus on his recovery and the "One day at a time" mindset.