View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
wolfpackfan45

BigBobby, don't be ashamed. I'm not an alcoholic, but my 22 year old son is a recovering one. We got a call from the hospital a year ago that he'd a breakdown and called an ambulance. when they got there he was screaming he was dying. He wasn't, but was convinced he was because he was coming down off alcohol and was suffering from panic and anxiety. He had to drop out of college for a semester, and he had to explain to his roommate what was going on, and all his friends. Her was ashamed too. You know what? Neither of you have anything to be ashamed of. You had some serious problems and you've dealt with them appropriately. It takes a very strong person to overcome problems like that. You've done a great job and I admire you! That mental health nurse might want to reevaluate whether she's in the correct field or not. She is the one who she be ashamed for looking down on someone who was struggling. Not very professional in my opinion. Hold your head up high. You're working on your problems and doing everything you should be doing to get better. congrats on a job well done!