View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 09:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hammer
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Stung---my biggest laugh of the day is your husband's story about the sponsor who said he could skip the first 3 steps. That is so inplausable that it is almost "cute".

dandylion
I would caution that he may have actually heard something similar to that. But keep in mind, these things are all filtered through an A mind, even when they are trying to be fully truthful.

Mr. Stung is a (devoutish?) Catholic, right? A simple clear faith can make Steps 1, 2, 3 pretty simple. I have pretty much "walk on water" level faith, so I have absolutely no resistance to Steps 1, 2, 3. My first Alanon sponsor figured that out (and he was Olde Tyme AA and Alanon), and we just started into Step 4.

It did have a Very Bad results in that I tore into Step 4 so hard, the boat rolled over and I did not even know it.

As Mr. Stung has become or is becoming aware -- Turns out the Foundation Work is very important.

As far as Stung's observation:

Pre-addiciton hubby was modest and humble, alcoholic hubby is pompous and boastful, aka a d-bag.
Yep. Pompous, Boastful, Grandiose -- all Leading Indicators (leading indicators tend to lead the event they "indicate" or predict) of Dry Drunk and Relapse.

What Is A Dry Drunk? | Addiction Recovery Basics