Thread: Trying again
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 06:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
darkfaith

Trying again

So after a couple of months of spiralling down again into a drinking haze, I've had another clear moment to try and get my head around quitting again.

I've lasted a month in the past so I know I can quit for a while at least but will be defiantly doing it "one day at a time".

I always used stress and depression as an excuse. (Which yes I do know drinking wasn't actually helping) but now we are debt free thanks to hubby's inheritance, which was supposed to originally go towards buying a house, but we have paid out all debt except one credit card and he bought himself a nice car. And a few other things the kids needed etc etc...now all the money is gone and a lot of it was blown on drinking or shouting mates in drunken moments and I feel guilty that I wasted a fair bit of the money on grog n drugs.

Now I have paused my 2 week bender which the excuse was Xmas n new year I'm not making it a "resolution" but going to give it my best shot at being sober for as long as I can.

This board helped me through the worst of it last time so I'm planning on checking in a bit and reading a lot to help keep my mind off things.