View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 05:35 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Northlander

Hi Toots - thinking of you as you prepare to make the move to Boston. I love Beantown but it will be a big change. Maybe begin exploring some coffee shops or restaurants and pick one or two for your favorites and visit them often so it feels more like home. My favorite place is a Greek diner in the South End on Tremont. Unfortunately, my favorite Italian place in the North End has closed, but lots of good Italian places there to choose from.

Shoes, prepare yourself. We'll be somewhere between -20 and -30 (F) starting tomorrow and I think it will be heading your way. The governor has already closed the schools for Monday, when we should be even colder. Parts of Minnesota are now colder than where the Mars rover is. Spent a lot of time outside today with the dogs to try and wear them out since it will be too cold for walks until mid-week.

Movies! Here are my favorites:

Moonstruck

Fargo (Do you like that one Babs? I know it annoys some native Minnesota and North Dakota folks, but being from Philly, I find it very true and very funny).

Dr. Strangelove

Radio Days (we watch this one every new years eve)

Doing okay - we were outside much of today and the sun was exceedingly bright.

Big love to all Marchers!