Thread: AA Moving on
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

This is an important thread not because it brings attention of whatever is better then whatever for whomever -- but important because it clearly gives the message of having the freedom to chose for ourselves is absolutely essential if we are to be successful in quitting drinking and moving on with a better life. Cookie cutter monkey-see monkey-do behaviors don't work well in sustaining a post-drinking successful lifestyle. Its unimportant to me the nuts n bolts of any persons recovery. I'm always most interested in results - a before and after kind of appreciation. The proof is always in the pudding. People can't give what they don't have to give no matter what else they may be thinking of doing. Experience is everything.

There are as many ways forward into sobriety and abstinence as there are ideas to personalise our own lives. Its no secret most quitters quit on themselves sooner then later, and alcoholism is not an exception to the rule. What is also not a secret is persons who keep an open mind and an honest heart about themselves more often meet their challenges and win the day time and time again. Its all about perspective and actions taken to ensure ongoing responsibilities create realised rewards and earned consequences to the practitioner of whatever ways forward being chosen.

I'm an enthusiastic student of the "take what you need" school. I like to keep my options open and flexible. I like being out of the box. I'm overjoyed you are giving yourself as many ways to get the job done as you can manage, JD. Awesome!