Thread: Hopelessness...
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
noexcuse

Wow, thank you guys for all of the powerful words. And you all are truly right...even after just one day, I woke up feeling more positive today than yesterday. I made dinner and played games with my kids, watched a movie and read some of my book last night. No thoughts of drinking snuck up on me and, despite getting restless sleep, I feel pretty good this morning. My daughter lost a tooth, I found something for them to do today, I'm taking care of a couple of things for others and I'm attending my last anger management session this afternoon.

With or without my head feeling organized, I appear to be getting my ducks in a row just through the sheer passage of time. That's what it is really about, isn't it? We will make it through, no matter what. Because time keeps marching on. Eventually, we will come out the other side. It's just a matter of how we want to feel when we come out the other side, looking back at a lifetime of good memories, small and large successes, and learned from failures, or looking back at a lifetime of fuzzy memories and regrets.