Old 01-02-2014, 11:30 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
jdooner

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
EndGame - no we never discussed it. I thought he was alcoholic also. Turns out he can take it or leave it. Last night was the first time I mentioned it. He blew me away.
Alpha - I do not know. No particular reason. No trigger, no horrific event, no happy occasion.
Imperfect - yes I understand your post completely
Banquo - no. Not at this time.

Seriously the man deserves better of me. I never thought about this subject in this way. Even reading all the posts about sober people suffering alongside with the addict didn't do it. Until last night, that comment turned my head around.
He just wants sobriety more than the drink. He too may be an alcoholic but he may have hit his bottom. Perhaps this was the seizures you guys had before you went to rehab? Or perhaps it was seeing you go off to rehab? Perhaps you should ask him?

Honestly, this is nothing against praying or religion but praying alone is not going to get you sober. You have to want to be sober and it does not sound like you do. One of two things will happen - either you will stop your drinking on your own or something will stop you.

Hopefully something clicks for you.