View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I get a missed call from his dad. At this point I was starting to get really frustrated. Stupid me sent a text to his dad telling them to not contact me again and their son was a drug addict who needs help and to stay away from me and they are massive enablers. I know this was a stupid move on my part. I should have just ignored it. I texted my ex that his parents were looking for him. Stupid move again.

New Year's day I get a call from the ex from a new home phone and it's him just screaming at the top of his lungs, threatening me, saying the worse things imaginable, calling me all kinds of names. I took the block off and called him and he kept answering and hanging up, at one point told me if he saw me he would "slit my throat". I'm still shaking. Maybe the best thing I did was call him several times and when he answered I did record what he was screaming in the phone, calling me all kinds of names, etc. I even have several texts telling me he "wants me dead" and to "die" on and on. That he had no drugs in his system, that his mom told him I said he was doing cocaine (I have NO CLUE where this woman came up with that, I never said that), etc.
Angel read this part again and see your part in what is happening...and I am NOT saying you are to blame nor am I trying to be mean, I say this all with love in my heart. You use the word "I" at least 14 times.

What if it read....His dad called and I missed the call. If it was important I know he would have called back. (this is where you don't call back or do anything at all).

You call several times after he called and raged and when he doesn't answer you continue to call...and he answers and rages. What if you just didn't call him at all?

Sweetie, it takes two to tango and you do not have to participate in his insanity. To participate makes you part of the problem, to step back and leave him and his family alone..and don't answer their calls...makes you part of the solution.

Get a court order to keep him away and that he cannot contact you...only IF YOU are prepared to stay away from him and stop contacting him. Otherwise it is pointless and won't hold water if he comes after you.

You can keep the drama going, or you can step back and say "enough" and mean it...it's entirely up to you.

Let go girl, find your peace. You'll be glad you did.

Hugs