View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

I spoke to two attorneys that said they are sure I could get a PPO. I'm sure he would try and fight it but who cares. Like needingabreak said, who gives a sh--t i have all the proof in my phone.
Often....if they try to "fight it" it just provides the judge with more reason to grant it. Most judges grant restraining orders without much hassle. They don't want to be on the hook for not granting a restraining order for someone who later winds up dead. If you have proof of death threats......a judge should grant it.....no problem.

However, restraining orders don't do diddly if you allow contact to happen after the restraining order is in place. This is the area that we see most people really showing their true colors. The restrainee contacts the restrainer and nothing has changed--contact is permitted and goes unreported. And on it goes. If you're going to take the time to file a restraining order, I hope you have the courage to call the police if it is violated. Could he wind up in jail for violating it? Absolutely. Please be "ok" with that and hold up your end of the restraining order by reporting violations without guilt....particularly if he shows up at your home. Don't open the door, don't engage, call 911 and get the cops there ASAP. Period.

gentle hugs
ke