View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 05:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

Originally Posted by autan View Post
The strangest part of my relapse this time, was the thought process.
On the first day, I told myself not to drink, I kept saying to myself don't do it, focus on whats important, distract yourself. Everything that normally works.

Then I told myself, that there people out there far worse than me, there the ones with the problem, not me so much.

What if I am thinking I was an alcoholic to seek attention, what if I was mistaken and was over reacting.

Afterall, I had stopped for 2 months and it is Christmas after all.

I will just have 2 cans of larger and call it a day.

Drank the first can and it felt good, then I almost immediately drank the second can.

The I said to myself, why am punishing myself, everyones drinking and having a good time, dont I have a right to be happy too. So I drank 2 more cans.

Then went to sleep. The next day there was no hangover or sickness.

I decided to drink like a normal person. Went to a party with some friends and one of them asked me, are you sure? I said to him, what are you my mum?

Got really drunk. Then every night, I kept telling myself everyones doing it, its Christmas, its New Year.

Just like that, I fell into my old ways.

The money I had saved not drinking was wasted and sickness came back.

The fact is I am an Alcoholic with a massive drinking problem. FULL STOP.

There is no doubt on that, the next time I doubt it, I shall remember this post.
My sponsor calls that little voice, "Slick". He's a slick, cunning little bastard and he's there to find any way to twist your vision he can, so that you'll "see" it's ok to drink.

See there - you proved once again that "Slick" ain't your friend.

Drop him.

Don't pick up.