View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 05:11 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
grkda

Originally Posted by GettingSober
yes i was talkiing about skiing Steamboat but typed horribly.

Any gut at all is going to make you back arch more and pull things out of alignment and cause more pain. Also its a nerve 'toxin'. last time I drank I had pain shooting down my leg from my broken L5.

no pain since quitting.

I even do no-motion position holds form the chicago chung-moo-quan school of martial arts, you really get your heart going but its hard to do it for very long.

Try running shoes and a crushed gravel path and walk fast, stretch a lot and take shorter strides if its painful.

When your ready to run, run uphill, puts no stress on the body.

Come down the hill gently.

just be sure to do something for 30 mins every day. no food passed 7 and early to bed = no problem. How about getttin fit feeling great this summer just like when you were young ?

Outstanding advice. Come to think of it, running up hill was a bit less painful than sloppily stomping down hill. The No food passed 7 thing I might have trouble with though. Maybe that will change once my eating schedule is straightened out. I do need to lose the gut and Im sure eating at 9 doesnt help.

I dont know about feeling great like I was young, but feeling OK like I did when I was 20 sounds good enough right now.