Old 12-31-2013, 11:41 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
PippiLngstockng

Happy New Year everyone!!!

I slept two hours but now I'm awake already. A bunch of drunks were shouting outside the motel window. Yuck. There's tons of cars speeding around at this late hour.

I want a fresh and hopeful start. I can begin by being grateful to my neighbor, who is caring for my cat while I am away. Then to my girlfriend, who wants to hear my story and offered me her guestroom for my remaining time here. Also the local police, who have been so helpful and understanding this past 18 months that I've needed them. I am extrememly grateful for my strength and health. I am standing strong and upright and thanks to all my workouts I can carry a lot of boxes and withstand a lot of trouble and pain and I am still there on my feet.

These people and this strength must come from God, because the burdens are too much for me to bear alone.

My mother has been beside me every hour in every day since I stepped off the plane two weeks ago. We work so well together. Her heart is so big and her support so vast, she will do whatever it takes to help me get on and stay on my feet no matter what. We are completely in synch, two minds like one, trouble shooting and making steps forward together.

The children are not with me yet, we have three days to go. But they are seeing their old friends and neighbors and they must feel that they are important to and loved by many. They are resilient, independent-minded, and brave. And they know I am near, when they want me and when they aren't so sure. They know I am there no matter what.

I can't control what will happen next.

The i.o.u. turns out to be a check to DS16 from his father that goes to our joint account. Which has nothing in it. May God help us figure out what to do with that!

Lots of doors keep closing in places I thought we might find ourselves a safe spot to rest. Yet there's always been someone to let us in, somewhere, when we need it most.

Long ago, I thought God would simply rescue me from xah's destructive force in my life. I didn't get off so easily. It has been so much harder and enduring than I'd imagined it could ever be. But God hasn't let me break. I am gathering confidence with the knowledge that I might continue to not break.

2013 turned out to be the hardest year ever. And here is a new one and we all get a fresh start.

Happy New Year everyone!!! I am grateful to your willing hearts, all of you who patiently follow my story and lend me a word of support.

May we all find peace in 2014!!!