Thread: Resenting him
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 07:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Pia

Originally Posted by Shirt423 View Post
My recovering abf and I broke up once again a few days before Xmas. This is the last time. He has already tried to suck me back in but I just can not waste another year of my life. Part of me continued trying because I had put so much work in. I didn't want to accept I couldn't make it work. Now I find myself resenting him for all of the things I did for him, especially over the past two years. He lost his license because of a DUI and I drove him everyday to work, to random drug testing, to required alcohol classes and counseling. I drove most weeks 25 min each way to pick up his daughter, who I love and will miss so much.

How do I let go of the resentment. I know I made these decisions myself and I am responsible. But I still feel so much anger that after everything I did he couldn't be there for me. I also am angry at myself that I ever allowed someone to have such a hold on me. Prior to him, I was never in such an unhealthy relationship.
Morning Shirt423- There are a whole lot more knowledgeable people on this forum that I and will chime in but, what caught my attention was when you said
"I didn't want to accept I couldn't make it work. Now I find myself resenting him for all of the things I did for him"The way I see it is be glad you don't have to do anything more for him and be glad you can look yourself in the mirror and know you have such a good compassionate heart. Be glad you didn't marry him and now file for divorce, be glad you won't be lied to, be glad he won't have to take the weight of the world and put it on your shoulders, be glad etc etc.. Get the point!!