Old 12-28-2013, 05:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
wysiwyg

Originally Posted by Hopeworks View Post
So... my New Years Resolution is to continue to grow, reflect, change into the person God meant me to be from childhood but alcoholism stole from my innocence. To be the parent to my children that my parents could not be to me. To be a light of hope to others... to encourage those still in bondage and despair that there is a WAY OUT. There is a bright future if you never give up and keep taking those baby steps. To get more involved in Alanon so I can get old an grey and wise and all that! 2 years ago being an oldtimer would have made go "ewwwwww"!

My other resolution is to find JOY everyday! Not focus on the negatives or fixing a drunk or even the world (I had a touch of Messiah complex too according to my therapist) but to actively seek something to make my heart soar at least for a moment.

And to keep visiting here... to keep me grounded. Your stories keep me "recovered" and I don't ever, ever want to go back to the alcoholic crazy train!
This post is the best! It brought some tears to my eyes, in a good way!

Where would I like to be a year from now? Off the top of my head, I'd love to be at a point where I can think about my AXH without feeling a pit of fear and despair in my stomach. Instead I'd like to be able to look back on the relationship as something that had to implode in order for me to become a stronger, more sane person, all on my own. I'd like to be 100% self-sufficient, or at least much closer than I am right now. I'd like to look back at 2014 as the year I really began to give myself everything I need. And I'd like to be able to do 30 pushups at a time by the end of 2014 - and not the easy knees-on-the-floor kind, but real deal pushups!