View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 03:38 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
IfGodWillsIt

122 days. Man i didnt think this was possible. I remember feeling trapped in addiction and not feeling normal unless i had some type of substance flowing through me. It took so much will power to finally quit. It takes a lot of will power to stay quit as well.

I stopped seeing my old friends, who i used to get high with. I realize that im probably going to have to keep it that way unless they also decide to quit one day.

In the beginning of my quit it helped immensely to be surrounded by family, and getting their support. I hang out with my family most of the time now. I never really got to appreciated them because i was always either high all the time, or trying to find drugs while coming down from a high. Ive also surrounded myself with sober people, just to be around their pure energy, hoping that somehow itll rub off on me. Happiness is pretty contagious.

Nowadays im feeling pretty good for the most part. I drink herbal teas whenever im feeling tense. Its amazing how tea has a calming effect on me. On another note, i cant drink coffee like i used to. If i drink a cup of black coffee ill get super anxious. Im really wierded out by that, because ive been drinking coffee since i was 16, i should be used to it by now, right?? Also, if i have something sugary like a cookie, ill get really tired an hour later. I find that eating a fruit will revitalize me after feeling sluggish, and the energy will be sustained all day. Its kinda funny, being on drugs for the past 6 year has kept me from being aware of my bodily processes. But im glad that i quit when i did. It feels good to be back to reality!