View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 09:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Redvelvetcake59

RE: Two Christmas Celebrations because of Substance Abuse

Well
Right after work (yes, I am at work) I will go to my brothers house to celebrate the holidays. This will be family christmas celebration number 2. I have 2 sisters and a brother. We range in age from 50 to 59. 25 Years ago, my brother started using and drinking. He has never been sober or has never been NOT high in his life. There have been times we have disowned him. There have been times we could not associate with him. He has been in jail a number of times and has become a thief to support his habits.

I am saying all of this because Sunday when we all celebrated the holiday, nobody asked, brought his name up, wrapped up a present or talked about going to his house. You see, he clowns so bad during the holiday that it makes the children uncomfortable to see him in this condition and I started to give him a beat down last year when he fell inside the place we all went out to dinner at.

I told everyone that Never Again will I put myself through that Bull####, however after a year, it seems like it is bothering me so I made up my mind to go by his house today after work even if nobody else does. I have no idea how this will turn out, so if any of you have some advice for me....speak now.