View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
paul99
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

It's different for everyone, methinks. I find it more in meditation, walking in nature and working with others. For some, it's more service work, going to religious services or volunteering outside of AA. For others, it might be prayer, being close with family, or doing a certain hobby or task. Zen garden to long distance running...whatever it is, we find our path, I believe. Personally, I can't do commitments because of my wonky schedule, so I have to find other ways to connect with other alcoholics and be of service to them. Those ways are the ways I feel so much more connected to my HP.

It's not always going to be fireworks nor will we always find that sustained connection. But I know that moving away from the things that help me keep connected gets me in a less spiritual place - I get irritable, restless and discontented quickly unless I am plugged in. But it's not about being bathed in light 24/7. I have things that I need to do and preoccupy my time. But as long as I keep along spiritual principles, I am okay. And just knowing and feeling that I will be okay, that is the connection to my HP. That is often enough to sustain me through the rough patches.